Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Blessings

Last December I came across the idea of creating a blessings jar. 
Using a plain jar would work just fine, but I thought that decorating jars would be a good activity for our holiday party.  
December 2012, decorating blessing jars
I have been using my jar throughout the year and I wanted to share some of my favorite blessings to help inspire others to try it out this year:
Ticket stub & coin from Ben Howard Concert
                                                                                                                                                          April 17th, 2013: My friends and I went up to Vancouver, BC to hear Ben Howard perform at the Orpheum Theater.  We unknowingly had front row seats and managed to get free parking! It was incredible & still feels unreal.
Souvenir Penny from Seattle, WA



February 2nd, 2013: My mom and I met up in Seattle for an adventure day.  We explored Pike Place Market, rode the Monorail to the Space Needle, enjoyed the view from the Columbia Center, and-of course- drank coffee.



My poor roommate had a tough time with both mono and strep throat, 
and I felt blessed that my immune system was working well. 

Note from my Mom on the day I flew to STL to see my friend
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       August 2013: I got to spend a perfect week in St. Louis, MO with my best friend.  Lots of walking, napping, eating good food and meeting good friends.  We went to the City Museum, the STL zoo, a rafting trip, and a back to school BBQ






Now I'll empty out my blessing jar, find a place to store my 2013 notes & keepsakes, 
and see what 2014 has in store for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment