Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have always loved Valentine's day.  It combines my love of sending mail with my love of crafting and chocolate!  Last year I made valentine's with DIY yarn stamps and my first red velvet cake.  You can find that post here.  The ladies at the children's museum remembered how much I loved Valentine's day crafts last year, so they let me take the reins on the activities this year.  I made "lovebugs" and "Bee mine" bees with pipe-cleaners, pompoms, and googly eyes.
I had to relearn how to make woven paper heart baskets. 


I also created a kid version of this "I love you more than..." card that I found on Buzzfeed.
I Love You More Than...


Here are a few recipes I would love to try if I can find the time:
This simple heart-shaped cake
and these adorable pie crust cookies from Joy the Baker.
lemon raspberry pie crust hearts
(Note: Click photos for recipes)

What are your Valentine's plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment