Saturday, April 5, 2014

My mom went for a run and I'm making cupcakes...

We got this beautiful new stove, so I new I had to bake something.

Then I saw Joy the Baker's recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting, and they were calling out to me.  They were perfection! 
Everyone needs to stop what they are doing and make these! 
*I left out the dried cranberries and walnuts. Next time I think I'll try cutting the vegetable oil with applesauce because I don't think it would effect the texture.  I would also halve the frosting next time because I don't have enough self restraint to have a bowl of extra cream cheese frosting in the fridge.  
I'm going to try freezing it.  I read that if you let it thaw in the fridge and then whip it again, it will be okay.

 Nothing says "spring" like leopard print cupcake liners, right?

I did make it out for a jog yesterday and that's got to count for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment